[Asterisk-Users] capi incoming call timeout

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Mon Dec 12 11:40:31 MST 2005

Hello,

Using * 1.2.1 with chan_capi CVS on a Diva server I am mostly happy.
However when a phone redirects a call (user forward) and all ISDN
channels are busy, the call goes out through an IAX connection and it
takes a few seconds to get a "ring" state from the remote * server. This
makes the incoming call (on the Diva) timeout and the caller gets a
telco congestion tone.

This can be solved by adding a fake ring (r) on the IAX connection
Dial() string, as the incoming call now gets a ringing state signaled to
it.

Is there a way to increase the signaling timeout on the incoming call,
so that no fake ringing is required during the IAX call forward?

--
"I had no wish to arrive, but I had to do my utmost, in order to
arrive." -- Samuel Beckett, The Unnamable