[Asterisk-Users] Attack dialing

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Dec 12 07:35:17 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 08:49 -0500, Matt wrote:
> > there is an asterisk agi (may not be an agi but is a program, I think it
> > was an agi) to do this for radio stations, perhaps a google for that, I
> > dont remember the exact name used but do remember that someone was
> > speaking about mass dialing to a radio contest line and bridging to
> > their phone once it was connected.  I am sure that it can be modified to
> > do just one chanenl if that is desired.  If it doesnt exist a timeout
> > could most likely be easily added so that it doesnt continue to dial
> > after some period has elapsed.  For radio contests you most likely dont
> > want it to dial all day as the call in parts are short lived.
>
> Oh now that's interesting!   I don't see it anywhere though... where
> did you originally see this?!

I dont remember but if I had to guess here..

I did a quick google and didnt get anything, but I am fairly sure that I
saw someone talking about it and didnt dream that idea up myself, I do
remember thinking 'gee that would be nice if I could actually get a
radio station where I live'.

They were talking about using VoIP (sip I think) to generate a large
amount of channels all at the same time to guarantee they could get at
least one line in.  With the 'enter every 30 days' policies that most
radio stations have odds are you will win every month.

They said that when it connected it just rang their sip phone.

This would be trivial to do (although a bit klugy) with the outgoing
queue.  You just set it to dial via whatever channel is appropriate and
have it dial when connected (I would think about tossing it in a queue
so you can deal with the calls in an orderly fashion as some contests
answer 'you are caller 1' even though you didnt win).

I *think* the original poster said they had a special extension that
they called that spawned all this off, which indicates an AGI - although
I could be wrong, I am fairly sure they did say something about that.

Hopefully this gives people either enough ideas to write something which
wouldnt be that hard as described above, or even to find the original
author (unless it was all in my mind!) and use his package.  I almost
think it would be faster to write it yourself than to hunt down the
original guy though.  What I said above is what 15 minutes tops to write
and test?

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378