[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Dynamic DNS

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Dec 12 05:23:45 MST 2005

Branko Samardzic wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am running two Asterisk servers on two machines that have dynamic DNS due
> to ISP changing IP address daily. Both servers are registered on DynDns.org
> and IP update scripts work fine on both machines. However, if one machine
> changes IP address, other one (that has trunk pointing to machine that
> changed address) starts displaying that trunk host is not reachable. O.k. I
> thought, it is DNS propagation problem, but it is NOT! Even one hour after
> IP change, machine A still points to old IP address and says that it is not
> reachable.

Register both servers to our FreeVoip service.  It's free and the registration
will update every minute.  Then you can use the freevoip numbers to contact
each other.

This will cost you nothing and is the easiest way in my (not so neutral) opinion.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell

http://www.sineapps.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News - html)