[Asterisk-Users] Attack dialing

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sun Dec 11 15:58:05 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

> I'm not a programmer and couldn't code this up if I wanted to, but it is
> a nice feature and all the basic components needed to develop the feature
> already exist in * code. I suppose some could code an agi script to do it,
> but it seems to me such a feature should be included in * code instead.

It's not too hard on Asterisk; we've done it in the past, including for
external numbers. The hardest part is making it reliable with external
numbers, as it has the bad habit of connecting you to voicemail, PBXs
which answer then play ringing as they try to connect you to the
extension, etc. For this reason, we generally recommend using it on
internal numbers only were we know exactly how the call is going to be
routed.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 (0)7870 699 479