[Asterisk-Users] Regexten

Joshua Colp joshnet at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Dec 11 13:47:21 MST 2005

It doesn't "execute" a command upon registration. What it does is insert a
simple noop into the extension and context at priority 1 so the extension
then becomes active. For example:

Before I register:

Exten => 145,2,Dial(SIP/jcolp_cisco1)

When I register it then turns into:

Exten => 145,1,Noop()

Exten => 145,2,Dial(SIP/jcolp_cisco1)

This means when I'm registered, a person can call me but when I'm not - the
extension is useless and calling it does nothing and doesn't attempt to call
me.

Joshua Colp

  _____