[Asterisk-Users] Attack dialing

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 13:19:33 MST 2005

On 12/11/05, Michael Welter <mike at telecommatters.net> wrote:

> I think "attack dialing" means to dial all 10,000 number in an exchange,
> looking for modems and fax machines.  BTW, Colorado Springs, Colorado
> has made it illegal to dial a number without intending to have a
> conversation <sigh>  Probably something to do with NORAD or Space Command.

It's actually called 'war-dialing'.   There were loads of programs to do it
using a modem back in the day -- they'd even randomize and track the dialed
numbers.

But Eric just seems to want an auto-redial-on-busy/congested -- which should
be pretty simple...
Assuming you have Zap PRI as group 1 and the specific number you want to
redial is 5551212:

exten => 5551212,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN}
exten => 5551212,2,GotoIf($[x${DiALSTATUS} = xANSWER]?10)
exten => 5551212,3,Wait(3)
exten => 5551212,4,Goto(1)
exten => 5551212,10,NoOp(call was answered so do something with it)

If anyone knows a way to detect if a remote number becomes 'un-busy' without
actually dialing the number, it would make for an even more elegant
solution.