[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Dynamic DNS

Branko Samardzic branko_samardzic at rogers.com
Sun Dec 11 12:37:09 MST 2005

It is not problem with outdated DNS cache. It takes approximatelly 2 minutes
for DynDns entry to propagate and my router picks it up. However Asterisk
does reverse name lookup (instead of trying to resolve server.dyndns.org to
IP address and pick up new one, it does reverse lookup on old IP address
which happen to be valid ISP IP adress from some dynamic pool). I can't make
Asterisk to perform direct DNS lookup. I tried dnsmgr.conf to decrease
timeout to 60 sec, but it doesn't seem to have effect without enabling
managed dns. If I enable managed dns then instead of host name I get
UNSPECIFIED in IAX2 peer list and that is end of story.
Any other thoughts?
Regards,
Branko