[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Dynamic DNS

Roger Hill rhill at hillconsult.com
Sun Dec 11 12:05:46 MST 2005

Hope this helps.

I had a similar problem today, when I changed the machine that my single
installation of Asterisk runs on, but keeping the same IP address. My
Sipura ATA took about 10 minutes to pick up the new machine (even though
the IP address had not changed). I deduced that it needed the
registration to time out before it did the lookup again, and thus reset
the ARP cache.

So, try changing the registration time out to something shorter...say 5
minutes or so, see if that helps.

Roger

Branko Samardzic wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I am running two Asterisk servers on two machines that have dynamic DNS due
>to ISP changing IP address daily. Both servers are registered on DynDns.org
>and IP update scripts work fine on both machines. However, if one machine
>changes IP address, other one (that has trunk pointing to machine that
>changed address) starts displaying that trunk host is not reachable. O.k. I
>thought, it is DNS propagation problem, but it is NOT! Even one hour after
>IP change, machine A still points to old IP address and says that it is not
>reachable.
>Is there any solution?
>
>Regards,
>Branko

Roger Hill				07739 707 180
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get
tired of doing the hard work you already did.