[Asterisk-Users] SIP Qualify

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sun Dec 11 11:47:26 MST 2005

Can someone tell me why qualify=yes is required in sip.conf, before you can detect the dialled status of a channel? If I don't have qualify=yes against a peer, than checking ${DIALSTATUS} has no effect. Asterisk will just keep trying until the dial timeout expires.

Why can't asterisk actually LOOK at the SIP response returned by the SIP proxy and do something with it? Why can't it detect a failure to connect (ie proxy down) and do something based on that? Do the Asterisk developers realise how damn hard this makes it to build any kind of reliability into Asterisk????

Doug