[Asterisk-Users] SRV Lookups *ARRGH!*

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sun Dec 11 10:58:48 MST 2005

Phillip.

The link to the Wiki is woefully indadequate. I have no problem adding to the documentation, as soon as I bloody understand it myself.

The two bug links you provided appear to be almost completely unrelated to what I asked about except they touch on the subject of SRV lookups. If you can't reference the proxy to dial in sip.conf, then you lose the ability to set a whole bunch of options (such as qualify which is required for detecting CONGESTION when the proxy is down etc).

If I stick with an IP/host and refer to what's in sip.conf, Asterisk ends URI's like sip:user at 192.168.10.7 which is but ugly and breaks SIP in general.

Oh, and you know what, why is it assumed that to use open source software I have to be a seasoned C programmer who can contribute to the code? Where is that requirement stipulated?

At this point I'm almost ready to throw Asterisk out the window and suggest we spend $300,000 on the Sylantro solution.

Doug.