[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe questions

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Dec 11 06:12:39 MST 2005

> I have seen several different explanations of how MeetMe is supposed to
> function.  I am having a tough time figuring out which is correct.  If I put
> the room number in the extensions.conf file, I never get prompted for a PIN.
> When I leave it out of the extensions.conf file, I get prompted for a room
> number and a PIN.  What I want, is to have a room number based on the DID
> extension that asks the user to enter his/her PIN.  I can't make that
> happen.
>
> Here is my current files:
>
> extensions.conf:
> [ext-meetme]
> exten => 5570,1,Answer
> exten => 5570,2,wait(1)
> exten => 5570,3,MeetMe(|M)
>
> Meetme.conf:
> conf => 100,2321
> conf => 101,2331
> conf => 102,2231
>
> 1. How can I get 5570 always go to room 100 and just prompt the caller for a
> pin?
>
> 2. Ideally, I'd like to have a "leader" passcode and a "participant"
> passcode where the participants can't talk to each other until the leader
> joins. Any way to do that?

For question #1, take a look at 'show application meetme' and some of the
examples on the wiki. Here's two simple examples:
; Meetme Conference room #1 (no pin required)
exten => 3555,1,Meetme(3555|pM)

; Meetme Conference room #2 (pin number required to join)
exten => 3556,1,Answer
exten => 3556,2,Wait,1
exten => 3556,3,Authenticate(45678)
exten => 3556,4,Meetme(3556|pM)

For question #2, not sure how to accomplish that; never had to attempt
that before. Pure guess is it would likely involve an AGI script and
multiple access numbers, but others may have a better perspective then I.