[Asterisk-Users] Email to voice?

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 08:19:35 MST 2005

On 10/12/05, Chris Mason (Lists) <lists at masonc.com> wrote:
> I want to have our monitoring system call me if  a high level alert
> event happens. I could use SMS to get my attention but I don't have an
> SMS gateway available to me. Is there a way I can have the system run a
> script (via ssh) on the pbx that will call my number and read me the
> message? Has anyone done anything like this? I also thought of setting
> the CallerID Name to "Server5 down" for example.
> Any ideas on this appreciated.

Have you considered using an SMS gateway provider? We use both Bayham
Systems (www.bayhamsystems.com) and Connection Software
(www.csoft.co.uk - quote offer code PB45 for an introductory discount,
yes it's my affiliate code, feel free to ignore). Both providers can
easily be integrated over HTTP or SMTP using a shell script, perl, etc
and/or via AGI (we use Bayham for MWI notifications to cellphones).

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org