[Asterisk-Users] Synthesized Voice for Asterisk

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:14:31 MST 2005

On 12/9/05, Dakota <dthurn at tstt.net.tt> wrote:
> Are there any cool free software I can use to create automated voice message
> greetings for my PBX?
>
> I want to customized some of my messages, however prefer to use a standard
> voice.

There is nothing out there that sounds good and is free.  And if you
want something you can integrate with an application like asterisk
that runs on unix, it's even more expensive.  Several hundred dollars
minimum from what I have found.

The festival tts engine is free, but the the quality leaves a lot to
be desired.  Definitly not something you would use in a business.

Chris