[Asterisk-Users] Wait for X rings before answering?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Dec 9 15:19:41 MST 2005

Most telcos (and I assume this is true in AU as well) have a standard
right cycle in the CO. In the US, its something like 6 seconds.

What a telephone instrument does in terms of ringing has nothing to do
with it. It can play songs, show a video, or whatever.

If you have callerid configured, then asterisk will consume one ring
cycle looking for the callerid _before_ it jumps to extensions.conf
context. But, from a user perspective, they still hear ringback even
though you don't have any phones ringing as yet. Calculate accordingly.