[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 and Centrex

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Dec 9 15:08:22 MST 2005

> >First thing I'd do is to put a multimeter across the fxo tip-ring and
> >look for disconnect supervision. In the US, that's typically a momentary
> >open (no voltage) at the end of a call.
> >
> >Some centrex equipment can be configured to provide it while others
> >don't have such a feature. If you find a difference, ask SBC to provide
> >on your lines.

> Thanks for the tip Rich, I'll take my meter with me.
>
> Would you have any ideas as to why Loopstart will work on this line, but
> Kewlstart wouldn't?

No, not really. The parameters that you are playing with in zapata.conf
are oriented around communications with the channel bank, while the fxo
parameters within the channel bank are those sensitive to the exact pstn
line characteristics.

So, I'd have to guess that loopstart vs kewlstart has something to do with
how the 24 channels are configured on the Adit 600.