[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 and Centrex

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Dec 9 13:31:00 MST 2005

Has anybody successfully setup an Adit 600, FXO via Kewlstart on a
Centrex line?

My setup:

Test system:

    Asterisk (Current CVS - 12-08-2005)
    Adit 600 with 1 FXO 8 card
    1 Loopstart (Centrex) phone line from SBC (Battle Creek, MI)
    Channel bank setup as lscpd on the FXO card.
    Asterisk signaling is FXS kewlstart

Incoming and outgoing calls work fine.

Semi-Production box
(Communications between facilities full time, 2 outside lines).

    Asterisk (Current CVS - 12-08-2005)
    Adit 600 with 1 FXO 8 card
    2 Loopstart (Centrex) phone line from SBC (Livonia, MI)
    Channel bank setup as lscpd on the FXO card.
    Asterisk signaling is FXS loopstart

My scenario:

My test system using either loopstart or kewlstart works just fine, but
call disconnects take around 9 seconds before being detected.

My semi-production box, running loopstart never detects disconnect and
times out before hangup, switching to kewlstart, disconnects are
immediate.  But, I am unable to dial out.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose this problem.  I'm supposed to be
onsite in Livonia Saturday to move the semi-production to a
full-production box of 11 lines.

Thanks,

Doug Lytle