[Asterisk-Users] Sip behind the NAT

Tom Rymes trymes at cascadelinksystems.com
Fri Dec 9 13:23:31 MST 2005

On 12/8/05, chawki hammoud <cyhammoud at yahoo.com > wrote:

> Hi:
>
> i added these two lines to my general context ,but
> nothing happened the same result the sound came in one
> way for 3 seconds and stopped but it didnt hangup.
>
> --- Jeffery Chen <jeffery9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If your Astersik server behind NAT too, your need
> > modify SIP.conf like
> > this....
> >
> > externalIP= x.x.x.x
> > localnet= x.x.x.
> >
> > hope this can help you....

Make sure that you have ports 5060 and ports 10000-20000 UDP
forwarded to your Asterisk server. (Asterisk uses UDP for SIP, not
TCP!!!)

Also, in addition to the externip and localnet entries in sip.conf,
You need to add a "nat=yes" entry

Tom

Tom Rymes
Cascade Link Systems
www.cascadelinksystems.com
(603) 375-1414

"Intelligent technology solutions for small businesses."