[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Dial Failover

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Fri Dec 9 11:23:51 MST 2005

On 10:09, Fri 09 Dec 05, John Cianfarani wrote:
> Ryan/Jonathan,
>
> Couple quick questions regarding your setup?
> Do you operate this in a strictly master/slave setup?
> Do you have anything(mon/ha's internal status/monitor options) that
> actually monitors the asterisk process (to determine if it is hung). Or
> is it only with total box failure to you fail over?
> Do you use something to sync config/vm/cdr? Rsync/unison?

Hi,

We have the config/vm/cdr on a drbd device (part of
linux-ha).
We wrote a little script that checks the ps tree if asterisk
is still there. It will bring down the interface asterisk is
bind on, and the linux-ha heartbeat that monitors the ip's
will set the slave to master and take over :)

Greetz,
--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info