[Asterisk-Users] Nortel Meridian Option81C to TE405P

Schochet, Wes wes.schochet at selectcomfort.com
Fri Dec 9 10:17:14 MST 2005

Yes, I have other PRIs.  problem is that there are 100 different fields to
fill in on the M1, but only 20 on the zap/asterisk side!

I was able to get this going.  A few points:

1.  I am using the Sangoma Card - works great.
2.  I have the M1 set for USR and the Asterisk set for NET
3.  The D-Channel messages on the Asterisk side are generated by the
Asterisk application (in hindsight - duh!).  The d-channel won't come up
unless the application is running.

I had the clocking on the M1 set for "External" on the ADAN / D-Channel.
The clocking on the Sangoma has two choices: "Master" and "Normal".  I
picked "Master" because I figured the M1 would be the "Slave" from a
clocking standpoint.  This generated a ton of errors and took me a long time
to figure out.   (Why the hell can't Nortel give you an inline description
of an error message?   After all of these years, you still get DTA0021 as an
error message!)  I changed the clock on the Sangoma to Normal and the span
came right up.

I may have also had a physical layer problem - maybe a bad DB15 to RJ48
converter.

Now I'm in dial plan and MeetMe hell - but I'll get by that too!

  _____