[Asterisk-Users] Echo PSTN Asterisk@Home 2.0 Digium TDM11B & DSL

David K Parker davparker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 08:48:52 MST 2005

I have a Digium TDM11B, I'm fighting an issue with with echo on the PSTN
side. I run Asterisk at Home 2.0. I have an analog phone on the FXS channel 1
and Telco on the FXS channel 4. I also have a coupe of softphones, 1 iax2,
the other sip, and a LinkSys Sipura 941. I use a VOIP provider for long
distance. I'm experiencing echo on all calls on any phone for calls going
out over the PSTN, but no echo at all on Long Distance calls with my VOIP
provider or Internal calls. I think its safe to say that echo is occuring on
the PSTN side on channel 4. I've followed the trouble shooting provedures on
voip-info.org for echo cancellation, even calling the local CO using
ztmonitor to adjust rx & tx gain. The only thing I haven't tried yet is
installing shielded cable. I use Verizon DSL for Internet and have the
appropriate filter for my PSTN on channel 4. I'm beginning to wonder if the
problem is due to DSL. Has anyone else had this experience.

Thanks,
David