[Asterisk-Users] Change time when * is running

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Fri Dec 9 07:21:07 MST 2005

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>> Can I change the time when * is running ? I don't want to try just in
>> case it causes * some grief.
>

> It can cause some repercussions. I wouldn't recommend changing the
> time backwards by such a large amount while Asterisk is running with
> active calls...

Julian, can you check and make sure that your system is configured to
use the correct timezone? Usually just typing

# ls -l /etc/localtime

will be enough - to ensure that the symlink is pointing at the right
area of the world, since that will automatically keep the clock up to
date with daylight savings etc.

Cheers,
Gavin.