[Asterisk-Users] Porting a phone number to a voip provider

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Fri Dec 9 06:05:34 MST 2005

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 00:36:18 -0500
  Matthew <matthew at zeut.net> wrote:
> Hello, has anyone taken their cell phone number and
>ported it over to a voip provider?  If so, what voip
>provider and what was your experience?
> Matt

Matt,

   I have done this. I had a cell number with AT&T
Wireless and first ported it to Broadvox Direct. There
service was ok but ended up not fitting my needs as trying
to run their Mediatrix box into my Asterisk box was just
not working too well.

   I have since ported it away from Broadvox Direct to a
Voicepulse Connect Account. I am running it straight into
Asterisk now over an IAX connection and it has been
working fine for me. Not a lot of calls come in on it, so
I cannot really tell you what the real up time is on it. I
just know that no one has ever told me that they tried on
that number and could not get me.

Robert