[Asterisk-Users] Bristuff / Junghanns / Customer Service

Frederic Steinfels fredo at dvdupgrades.ch
Fri Dec 9 03:05:21 MST 2005

Tobias Jönsson wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Frederic Steinfels wrote:
>
>> Last January I told KPJ that I can still not use my Simens Gigagaset
>> cordless phones and sent him some bug reports. He promised me to fix
>> this bug several times but nothing happened. The problem is that the
>> phone is displaying the word "Störung" (english probably out of
>> order) within days of using it requiring modules to be
>> unloaded/loaded and asterisk restarted.
>

> Are you sure the problem isn't on the Siemens' side? I have a Siemens
> Gigaset SX303isdn connected to my asterisk (bristuff-0.2.0-RC8p) and
> the Gigaset keeps running out of TEIs after some while (since TEI:s
> lost by the terminal equipment will not be reused until asterisk is
> restarted). Scheduled asterisk restarts every week seems to solve the
> problem. With other ISDN phones this problem does not occur.

The phones are working perfectly when connected directly. Even if they
were faulty, bristuff acting as NT must be tolerant and not kill all
buses if one client is acting strangely. Anyway I offered serveral times
to debug this and due to my help with gdb, junghanns was able to fix
some null pointer references (core dumps) when hanging up. At least
Asterisk is no longer crashing completely under these circumstances but
the actual bug was never fixed.

Frederic