[Asterisk-Users] Re: ztdummy on FC4

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 02:19:55 MST 2005

In article <dnap3o$1ut$1 at sea.gmane.org>, Jim Duda <jim at duda.tzo.com> wrote:
> I'm running asterisk on FC4.  All works fine, including musiconhold.
> I tried installing ztdummy as directed, since the documentation
> indicates that ztdummy is required for good music quality.
>
> However, installing ztdummy on FC4 causes moh to play very slow.
> If I remove ztdummy, all works okay again.

Check ztdummy.h and ztdummy.c and make doubly sure USE_RTC is defined.
It sounds like you are using a version compiled without USE_RTC on one
of the newer kernels that has fewer than 1000 jiffies per second.

> I used to use ztdummy before FC4, on a 2.4 kernel, but now I cannot.
>
> Do I really need it?

If you do not have any zaptel cards in the system,then ztdummy is
required for anything that requires local timing. That includes
MeetMe, IAX2 trunking and possibly a few other things.

> Will I need it when I implement conference calling?

Yes, if you use MeetMe to do it.

> Anyone have a similiar FC4 experience?

Sorry, only used FC1 and FC3.

Cheers