[Asterisk-Users] SRV lookups

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Dec 8 16:23:57 MST 2005

Can someone tell me when SRV lookups are going to be fully supported in Asterisk? I see we just had a new release, 1.2.1. Considering this lack of functionality is a huge gaping hole for reliability, I would have thought 1.2.1 would have been a good time to implement this. It's way overdue.

I'd also like to know why when asterisk tries to dial a proxy server, and that proxy server is down, ie not responding to SIP packets, Asterisk still sends RINGING back to the UA. Huh?

Doug