[Asterisk-Users] Re: Meetme and Sipura SPA-941 - bad jitter/distortion

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wsr+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Thu Dec 8 14:27:10 MST 2005

"Ryan Booz" <ryanb at energycap.com> writes:
> Now, however, there is a (very) slight echo introduced into any calls made
> to this extension.  So obviously the way that the phone sends packets is
> causing some issues.  Anyone have a resource or guide to point me to on best
> way to debug packet transmission for good calls?

Are you sure the echo isn't acoustic echo from the handset itself?

Its older sibling, the SPA-841 was really bad in this regard.  On a
purely sip call between two SPA-841's, if you bumped the earphone gain
past halfway on the display the other side would invariably complain
about the echo.  I always wanted to fill the Sipura handset with
modeling clay and see if that helped things any.

(The echo was only a problem on direct sip-to-sip calls.  Any calls
going into the PSTN seemed to always be processed by an echo-can, so
it wasn't noticed there.)

-wolfgang
Direct SIP URL Dialing: http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/phonedirectory.html