[Asterisk-Users] question about priorities?

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Dec 8 12:39:24 MST 2005

I'm not sure if Priority is the correct term, but it is the order number
as in exten => fax,1<-

If I have an application that loads / includes another file, will a line
of the same order in the included file override the one in the main
application? What I need to do is:

[test]
include custom-test
exten => s,1,Playback(....
exten => 2,2,Hangup

[custom-text]
exten => s,1,Background(...

And have the call come in to s,1 but use the custom code then fall back
to s,2 in the main app. I want to modify the way AMP does the Menus /
Automated attendant and change one line. It needs to be in the custom
file because AMP will overwrite any changes I make to the
_additional.conf files when I reload or change anything with AMP.

I hope that makes sense,
James