[Asterisk-Users] Maximum Calls handled

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Dec 8 09:47:20 MST 2005

> I have a big dilemma.
>

> I have a client who is looking for a big installation.
>

> I am looking at the digium product and have the following Questions.
>

> Difference between Asterisk and Asterisk Business Edition.
>

> My Client has 300 personal split between two office and wants to use
one
> asterisk box to support those calls.
>

> He is going to have 3 PRI'S coming in.
>

> Can I use the regular version of Asterisk compared to the Business
Edition
> of Asterisk.
>

> How many simultaneous calls can Asterisk support compared to the
Business
> Edition of Asterisk.
>

> Please help me out as I don't want to make the wrong recommendations.

I may be totally wrong here but it is my understanding that ABE is
basically the same as standard asterisk but you get a nice manual and
support.

http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=product_detail&category=software&pr
oduct=ABE

You also get a little "feel good" to pass onto people that don't have
faith in Open Source.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Steve