[Asterisk-Users] Call simulators

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 8 06:15:50 MST 2005

I'm currently starting development of an add-on to a program designed to
be used in a call-centre type environment that will interface very
closely with Asterisk - quite possibly to the point that the add-on
itself will be a softphone as well.

In order to test this application properly, I find myself needing to
generate a constant volume of calls to a queue.  I can do this by
dialling from the two test extensions I have set up on my system, but it
would seem a better way of doing this would be to have an external
application randomly generate calls at a certain volume.

My budget is not big - this is a project for a non-profit volunteer
organisation I do a lot of work with so I would obviously prefer
something open source.  The ability to randomly generate caller ID and
intermittently suppress caller ID would be a *very* useful addition.

Does anyone know of any software that would fit this bill?  If such
software doesn't exist, or is beyond my capacity to afford, what other
options might I have?  My test rig is my home PABX - a very small setup
running with three ATAs and two VoIP trunks.  It would seem that
simulating a trunk would be the best way of doing this, but again, I
don't know what is available.

Any help would be gratefully received.