[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hardware recomendation

Krystian Filiks krystian.filiks at kfiliks.com
Wed Dec 7 17:47:53 MST 2005

Hello asterisk people!

I have been running a test * server a P III box for some time now and
it's been rock stable.

Now I'm looking to build a production system with as big capacity as
possible on 2 Xeon 3.6Ghz processors.

I'm wondering what you are thinking about Supermicro 6014H-32
SuperServer with Dual 3.6Ghz Xeon processors and 2M casche each, 2 X
Gigabit LAN ports, 1Gb of RAM and about 80Gb of SATA HDD.

For the OS I was thinking about Debian and the latest stable release of
Asterisk.

I will be using IP to IP technology without any PRI cards only IP to IP.
Clients will be using SIP and Aserisk will terminate on to H.323 or
possibly SIP

How can I benchmark this thing (Aprox) without having to buy the server?

Has any one had any experience of such server?

Please comment.