[Asterisk-Users] Re: Unable to compile zaptel / ztdummy

Insider KT insider_kt at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:13:40 MST 2005

> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 09:20:38PM +0100, Insider KT wrote:
>> Hi. I just upgraded my asterisk server to a better P4 2.6 Ghz.
>> I thought everything went smooth until someone tried the Meetme.
>> I seems the ztdummy won't compile on the new server.
>>
>> I am running Mandriva 2006 on the new server.
>> After downloading in /usr/src/ I uncommented the #ztdummy to ztdummy in
>> the Makefile and tried to modprobe ztdummy and got this error:
>> "
>
> Just to rule out the obvious: you did build and install the zaptel
> kernel modules ('make linux26', 'make linux26-install' or something
> similar).

Yes. I did.
make clean
make linux26
and I tried both "make linux26 install" and when it did not work I did a
"make install" with the same result.

>> FATAL: Module ztdummy not found.
>> FATAL: Error running module install command for ztdummy
>> "
>>
>> I thought maybe it was something to do with the usb modules, but I have
>> them.
>> I did a lsmod|grep usb and got this:
>>
>> " usblp        12096    0
>>   usbcore    111612  4    usblp,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
>> "
>
> What kernel version is it? Mandriva 2006 uses kernel 2.6.something, and
> with it zaptel does not need USB.

My mandriva reports I am using kernel version "2,6,12-13mdksmp"

If the zaptel doesn't need USB, why won't it compile the ztdummy ?
I've been googleing the whole day without any success.

Fredrik