[Asterisk-Users] UK ISDN2e with DDI?

John Daragon john at argv.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 08:59:11 MST 2005

Patrick Lidstone (Personal E-mail) wrote:
>>We're about ready to go ahead with a nice 6 line (maybe later
>>8) ISDN setup with Asterisk at Home and the quad Junghanns card.
>>
>>Before we do, could anyone confirm for me that BT's ISDN2e
>>lines do actually provide Asterisk with the DDI number? We
>>need to be able to route incoming calls based on which number
>>is ringing.

Yes they do. For DDI ranges you'll need to ask BT for a "System Access"
installation (sometimes known as "Point-to-Point") and configure the
Junghanns appropriately.

I'm probably just an old fogey with a programming background, but I find
straight Asterisk *so* much easier to configure than a at h.

When you say "ringtones", do you mean "sounds like a UK phone when it
rings", or "sounds like a UK phone when we ring someone else" ?

If it's the latter, you need "early b3 connects" so that you hear the
tones generated by BT rather than the ones the Grandstream generates.
With CAPI (which I tend to use), you add the "b" option in the dial
string. I presume bristuff does something similar.

exten => _0.,3,Dial(CAPI/g1/${EXTEN}/b) ; always ask for early B3

jd

John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.uk
argv[0] limited               (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)
Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127