[Asterisk-Users] VoIPJet issue == No one is available to answer at this time

David K Parker davparker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:09:35 MST 2005

They neglected to return my email long (in Internet time) before I mentioned
it here. If they did cancel my account, its not hurting my feelings any. I'm
satisfied with my new carrier. More likely that they aren't going to "waste"
their time on a customer they don't perceive as being a "commercial
carrier". Probably don't have enough staffing and not worth the man hours on
a customer who may only use a few hours a month at their incredibly low
rates. They do state that "VoipJet is a service for carriers and emerging
VoIP providers and not individual end-users." But they also state that "VoipJet
is a proud and active member of the Asterisk community and fully supports
the IAX2 protocol." It doesn't seem that this second statement rings
completely true. While they may support Asterisk and IAX2 they don't seem to
be very proud about potential customers. I would bet that most Asterisk
implementations are smaller shops and gearheads who want to take back
control of their communication needs. Shouldn't neglect this base.