[Asterisk-Users] misdn, 2x HFC cards

Ivo Simicevic ivo.simicevic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 03:18:26 MST 2005

On 11/25/05, Denny Schierz <linuxmail at 4lin.net> wrote:

> Is there anybody, who has asterisk 1.2 with misdn running?
>
> can anybody help?

Hi Denny,

I have it running. One card is in TE mode and it is connected to outside
line and one card is working in NT mode and I have Siemens ISDN base station
connected to it.
It works fine although I have to restart asterisk from time to time because
it reports : app_dial.c:1011 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of
type 'mISDN' (cause 0 - Unknown)

I have added following lines to misdn.conf:

[outside]
ports=1
context=outside
msns=*

[inside]
ports=2
context=inside
msns=*

Please note : ports are not the same as B-channels, you have two B-channels
per port, also ports=2 does not mean that you have two ports - it means port
number two.

In extensions.conf I have (numbers are changed to protect the innocent :-) )
:

[outside]
exten => 555123123,1,Dial(mISDN/g:inside/123,20)
[inside]
exten => _X.,1,DIAL(mISDN/g:outside/${EXTEN},20)

So basically, if someone calls you on 555123123 call gets routed to your
local phone that responds to MSN number 123 and if you want to call someone
you just dial the number.
(I have internal calls solved inside wireless phones/base station so I did
not need it in Asterisk.)

As mISDN is concerned this is my /etc/modprobe.d/capi

alias /dev/capi20 hfcpci
alias char-major-68-0 hfcpci

install hfcpci /sbin/modprobe capi; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_core debug=7; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_l1; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_l2; \
/sbin/modprobe l3udss1; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_capi; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_x25dte; \
/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install hfcpci layermask=0xf,0x3 protocol=2,0x12
type=0x01,0x01 debug=7,7; \
/sbin/modprobe mISDN_dsp

remove hfcpci /sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_dsp; \
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove hfcpci; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_x25dte; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_capi; \
/sbin/modprobe -r l3udss1; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_l2; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_l1; \
/sbin/modprobe -r mISDN_core; \
/sbin/modprobe -r capi

So simple modprobe hfcpci loads all necessary modules. Be sure that your
system does not load wrong modules (like hisax, c4, b1, b1pci, b1dma, ....)
during system start-up.

Also, be sure to include 100 ohm terminators on your crossover cable. It
doesn't work without them no matter how short or long the cable is (at least
it didn't work for me).

Hope this can help you a little.

Regards,

Ivo.