[Asterisk-Users] Win up to $2000 for AsteriskEnterpriseReferences!

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Dec 6 22:31:24 MST 2005

While we're on the topic, just what are those 3,000 improvements that Digium said where in Asterisk 1.2? Where are these improvements listed? Where are they documented?

I'm sure Digum works insanely hard in the software and hardware department. I'd just like to see them work a little harder in the documentation deparment.

Of course most of the problems are config problem, problems that could be fixed a lot faster if there was documentation.

I think they'd also see a lot more sucess stories if Asterisk as a general rule addressed the issue of redundancy and the ability to add additional Asterisk servers for redundancy. No one wants to implement phone solution with a single point of failure. A good case in point is Asterisk realtime and it's apparent (I say apparent because it isn't officially documented anywhere) inability to share SIP contact information between Asterisk boxes in a common MySQL database. Call me crazy, but I would have thought this would have been a great way to share user contact info between multiple redundant Asterisk systems.