[Asterisk-Users] Win up to $2000 for Asterisk EnterpriseReferences!

Boris Bakchiev boris at jildent.com.au
Tue Dec 6 22:01:24 MST 2005

Why not?

Digium works hard in hardware & software department.
It constantly improves its hardware offering.

The software arm has been busier then ever! Million bug fixes, MANY MANY
improvements, roadmap (at least from what I can see from contributing
developers in SVN) is amazing.

Asterisk and Digium have great feature together. Admittedly almost all
had problems in one place or another but most of it is "user/config"
problem.

I would not have invested in Digium's hardware and taken up asterisk if
I were not confident that Asterisk can "cut it".

If you take a look at general Digium & Asterisk are success stories in
itself!

I'd volunteer for sure but my little installation probably a drop in the
ocean compare to the ones I hear and read about and Australia is not
exactly has competitive market for that. :)

In fact I share the same view about any company that supports Asterisk
community. Even for Digium competitors (who have the same dedication as
Digium as well)

Give it a chance, lets not forget that Digium spends great time, effort
and expense getting Asterisk to where it is now. I don't know of many
hardware manufacturers that do the same thing.

Regards

>I was going to bite my tongue on my response to this, but keeping quiet
is >driving me nuts.

>If this is a legit post...

>In short, this irritates the heck out of me. Maybe if Digum supplied
some >documentation for less than $175/hr, then there might be a few
success >stories. The lack of any official documentation in my opinion
is limiting >the success of Asterisk. I seem to spend most of my
Asterisk time >researching people's personal heresay about how to get
stuff to work. Often .the personal heresay is just someone else's
heresay cut and pasted.

>Why the heck should anyone help Digium with good press in this
instance?