[Asterisk-Users] Win up to $2000 for Asterisk Enterprise References!

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 21:48:34 MST 2005

On 12/6/05, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> I was going to bite my tongue on my response to this, but keeping quiet is driving me nuts.
>
> If this is a legit post...
>
> In short, this irritates the heck out of me. Maybe if Digum supplied some documentation for less than $175/hr, then there might be a few success stories. The lack of any official documentation in my opinion is limiting the success of Asterisk. I seem to spend most of my Asterisk time researching people's personal heresay about how to get stuff to work. Often the personal heresay is just someone else's heresay cut and pasted.
>
> Why the heck should anyone help Digium with good press in this instance?

 I think I'd help them for the thousands of hours of work that's
represented in Asterisk that's freely available to anyone to use based
on its open sourced nature. This same model is an extremely disruptive
technology for an industry that has long been owned by players who
documented less than Digium has about their solutions and held answers
to problems hostage in overly expensive proprietary solutions.

 I think it's a pretty clear cut case, and I have a number of clients
using Asterisk in their business that would certainly agree.

 BJ

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/