[Asterisk-Users] Hint Priority for Polycom Phones

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Dec 6 21:02:01 MST 2005

Hi Jerry.

I've gone through what seems like several billion combinations of various settings today. I haven't set the xml values feature.1.name="presence" and feature.1.enabled="1".  I just took a look through the phone admin guide and couldn't find any reference to these xml settings at all. That's not too surprising though as Polycom's documentation is GHASTLY.

Where did you see these settings documented?

Do you know if your Asterisk box is receiving SUBSCRIBE messages from the phone on boot? Does 'sip show subscriptions' on Asterisk show the phones subscribing to Asterisk?

Unfortunately in our environment, we're mapping telephone numbers to extensions. Ie:

exten => 5551212,1,Dial(SIP/1001)

which may be complicating the situation a little bit as well.

You know, the subscribecontext command doesn't seem to be documented anywhere, certainly not on the Asterisk Wiki at voip-info.org. ARRGH!

Thanks for you reply. I'll revisit this tomorrow.

Douglas