[Asterisk-Users] Hint Priority for Polycom Phones

Tue Dec 6 21:01:43 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 21:41 -0600, Jerry Jones wrote:
> Just in the process of figuring this out myself. i do have it working
> on an IP601 with a sidecar. Here are my notes.
>
> On the polycom
> Create a contact directory entry for the extension you wish to
> monitor. Yes the contact must match the exten= statement in your
> dialplan. Note: It must reside within the same context as the last
> configured button on your telephone. I have a test phone and had to
> swap my test extension which is in a test context with my office
> extension which is in the context with my office phones I wanted to
> monitor. Had to have the test number register on button one and the
> office number register on button 2.

Nope, this isn't needed... I have an IP600 which registers to asterisk
on button 1, another asterisk on button2, a third asterisk on button 3
and then has a buddy/hint/monitoring on buttons 4 and 5 which are
working against the first asterisk on button 1. Finally I have a speed
dial on button 6...

Then again, I've not got this working on a polycom IP 300 as yet...

Regards,
Adam