[Asterisk-Users] DSP-based echo cancellation (T1).

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Dec 6 17:35:08 MST 2005

I've implemented several analog Asterisk installs, and echo has always
given me grief.  I'm now looking at doing my first T1-based install, and
I'd really like to go with a card that has DSP-based echo cancellation
built in.  However, all T1 cards I see with echo cancellation are
quad-spans.  So:

1) Are there any single-span T1 cards with DSP-based echo cancellation?
2) Does said echo cancellation actually *work* well?

I'm certainly willing to pay the quad-span premium if it means that I
can pretty much kiss echo goodbye... but I'd prefer not to spend the
money if I didn't have to.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-Ken D'Ambrosio