[Asterisk-Users] Odd DTMF issue over PRI

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Tue Dec 6 08:47:54 MST 2005

This is an outbound issue that affects SIP and Zap (T1 from another PBX)
channels going out our PRI to Telco.

I have two AT&T conference number that will take the conference access
codes. (in theory)
(214) 622 4991
(866) 340 2763

If we dial the toll free one, the menus time out because they are not
recieving any DTMF.
If I wait and connect to the conference receptionist/tech(?) they can do a
three way call back in and my DTMF works. (they then tell me there is no
problem)

If I call the 214 number it works without issue.  The odd thing here is that
I receive DTMF back from them when it first answers the line.
ref:
Dec 6 10:28:21 VERBOSE[1448]: -- Called g0/12146224991
Dec 6 10:28:21 DEBUG[1448]: Ooh, format changed from unknown to ulaw
Dec 6 10:28:24 DEBUG[1448]: DTMF digit: * on Zap/2-1
Dec 6 10:28:24 DEBUG[1448]: DTMF digit: 8 on Zap/2-1
Dec 6 10:28:24 DEBUG[1448]: Enabled echo cancellation on channel 2

Is this something that they are sending to test/set some DTMF setting on my
side, or might I just be hearing them call forward to some other number?

The thing that really confuses me is the 866 number.  If there is something
wrong with my setup, then why does my DTMF work if they 3 way back in. I am
still on the same call and do not think any settings on my side would change
because of what they do on the other side.

But I still think the Issue IS on my side, because if the main toll free
AT&T Conference number has this problem, I think they would know and would
have addressed it.

zaptel.conf:
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=25-48

loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

zapata.conf:

context=from-pstn
switchtype=national
priindication = outofband
signalling=pri_cpe
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
faxdetect=no
group=0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
accountcode=I
musiconhold=default
channel => 1-23

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
having a better past.