[Asterisk-Users] What would prevent logs from being recreated if they are deleted?

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Tue Dec 6 08:00:28 MST 2005

Hi,

Please excuse the cross post but these seems to be one of those issues
that may be answered by a developer or someone with direct
administrative knowledge of the deep workings of Asterisk. I have
deleted my log files expecting them to be recreated by Asterisk 1.2 but
nothing happens after a reboot or any of the log commands in the CLI
interface ('logger restart', 'logger rotate', 'logger show channels').
What would prevent these files from being recreated and what mechanism
recreates these logs after being deleted?

Thanks