[Asterisk-Users] How to restric user to call only specified country

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 01:07:51 MST 2005

ram ha scritto:

> i have local extensions
> and i have connected sip provider account to call out side
> but i have account can call any part of the world
>
> how to restrict some of users should call only USA or any Other

In a hundred of ways, I think the most straightforward is making a table
in some database with two columns, 'user' and  'unpermitted_prefix',
then before the dial put an agi which sets a variable looked by a gotoif
which makes the difference between Dial and
Playback(you-are-not-important-enough-for-our-company-to-let-you-call-everywhere).

<european-guy>
I don't know how it works with prefixes in usa, maybe you can simply
chek for 00 at the begginging of the ${EXTEN} so no need for agi, anyway
the db solution is quite simple and adds little overhead, giving you
flexibility which can come in hand for future requests ...
</european-guy>