[Asterisk-Users] Re: Linksys SPA-941 DTMF failure with asterisk v.1.2

tracinet traci.asterisk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:52:17 MST 2005

One other piece of information that I just stumbled on while doing a packet
capture which may explain the whole thing:

The Cisco packet shows the RTP event as this:
RFC 2833 RTP Event
Event ID: DTMF Pound # (11)
End of Event: True
Reserved: False
Volume: 10
Event Duration: 1600

The Linksys packet shows the following:
RFC 2833 RTP Event
Event ID: DTMF Pound # (11)
End of Event: True
Reserved: False
Volume: 0
Event Duration: 1760

Notice the volume setting in the Linksys packet.  Could this be the issue?
I have changed every DTMF-related setting in the Linksys that I can think of
with no change in behavior.

What still doesn't make sense to me is that why would this not work with
asterisk 1.2 yet still work when used with asterisk 1.0.x?