[Asterisk-Users] kernel lockup with Fedora Core 4.0 2.6.14-1.1637

Wade Hampton wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 08:45:30 MST 2005

I have an Asterisk system with Fedora Core 4.0, kernel 2.6.14-1.1637.  It
sometimes locks up with heavy load (e.g., lots of HDLC messages).   This
requires a hard reboot.   I saw some other reports of hard lockups under
load.  I have disabled as much as possible in the BIOS and as much as
possible in the modules (e.g., removing USB, turning off lots of not-needed
services, etc.)  Could this be a Fedora problem, zaptel problem, or other?
This is reproducible on several systems.  I am using ZAPTEL 1.0.9.2.    My
next test is to try the 1644 kernel update.