[Asterisk-Users] Iax2 connection failed

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Mon Dec 5 02:38:40 MST 2005

On 4 Dec 2005, at 21:14, chawki hammoud wrote:

> Hi:
> Sorry,but i dont know what ethereal is,and for my
> asterisk version the iax is good on it because i made
> a lot of succesful iax connections with many voip
> providers like "sixtel,voipjet..."

Yep, I agree, your asterisk should be fine,
but this provider is sending a message it doesn't understand.
You can either ask the provider to tell you what it means by
calling their support line, or you can try and find out yourself.

If you decide to find out for yourself, the easiest way would be
to use a network packet capture program that understands
IAX2 (e.g. ethereal) and inspect the HANGUP packet they send
to see what the cause code is.

I'm guessing that they are sending a non-standard
cause code that isn't in asterisk. This is a bit of
a grey area because the IAX2 protocol document
implies that all the Q.931 cause codes are valid,
but only lists a sub-set. It could be that you
provider is sending a valid Q.931 code.

Tim.

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/