[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 3000 Call waiting on the PSTN line

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 00:10:09 MST 2005

> Has anybody been able to get call waiting on the PSTN line?
As far as I recall, you will only hear a tone in the audio stream when
a second call comes in. The Sipura does not detect or handle it, but
if you flash the line on the FXS interface after hearing the tone, the
Sipura will forward the flash to the FXO interface and hence switch to
the second call. I am positive this works when the call is picked up
on the local FXS port but I am not sure if it also works when the call
is picked up by a remote device.

This is how I had set it up:
PSTN -> FXO on Sipura 3K -> Asterisk (remote via DSL) -> FXS on Sipura
3K -> Phone

The call would be re-invited in this case so no RTP traffic goes via
DSL, only SIP traffic. Switching to second call with flash works in
this scenario. Additionally I also allowed the call to be received by
a remote device (RTP via DSL) but I am not sure if you can then use
Call Waiting (never tried it).

I don't think I'm expressing myself clearly here; if not, please ask.
Or correct me if I'm wrong.

Luki