[Asterisk-Users] Connecting 2 Asterisk using SIP

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Sun Dec 4 22:11:11 MST 2005

I have 2 Asterisk servers running 1.2.0. One of them is a PSTN
gateway. Currently they are connected using IAX2. I wanted to play
with SIP.

I setup a sip entry (type=friend) in the PSTN gateway box and a sip
entry (type=user) in the second box in order to send calls using SIP
to the second box. This works fine. However, when I setup the second
box as type=friend in order for it to be able to send calls back to
the gateway box, then calls no longer work from gateway box to the
second box. The reported error is:

Dec  5 00:07:14 NOTICE[203]: chan_sip.c:9514 handle_response_invite:
Failed to authenticate on INVITE to '"2125551212" <sip:
2125551212 at 10.0.10.1>;tag=as0698b1b9'

In the gateway box, my sip.conf looks like this:

[general]
allowguest=yes
autocreatepeer=no

[secondbox]
type=friend
host=10.0.0.2
secret=mysecret

In the second box, my sip.conf looks like this:

[general]
allowguest=yes
autocreatepeer=no

[secondbox]
type=user
host=10.0.0.1
secret=mysecret

Any ideas on how to correctly set this up?

Thanks,
Waldo