[Asterisk-Users] ZapHFC cards not maintaining sync?!

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Sat Dec 3 10:53:52 MST 2005

On Sat, December 3, 2005 16:40, Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) said:
> On Fri, December 2, 2005 22:54, Francesco Peeters said:

> Watching the console for a while I see regular messages, which I could
> also find in /var/log/messages:
> Dec  3 16:37:15 asterisk1 kernel: zaphfc[0]: received d channel frame with
> bad CRC.
> Dec  3 16:37:36 asterisk1 kernel: zaphfc[0]: empty HDLC frame received.
> Dec  3 16:37:36 asterisk1 kernel: zaphfc[0]: received d channel frame with
> bad CRC.
>
> Can anyone with one or more HFC-PCI card(s) (esp. in The Netherlands)
> check if they see these on a regular basis as well? (And I am talking many
> times an hour here!)
>
> TIA!

Ok, I have been analyzing the activities and see the following:

1) Every 10 seconds (!!!!) the D channel gets torn down, which
2) Results in the CRC error, which means that
3) Every 3 minutes, the D channel goes down for EXACTLY 1 minute.

This means there is a 66% chance of actually being able to use the ISDN
link, and thus use it to dial out or be dialed on...

This is obviously not acceptable for a PBX...

I could try to get the KPN to give me a permanent D channel, but are there
any tricks to try that would/could make asterisk somehow keep up the D
channel?...

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch