[Asterisk-Users] Fax Service

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Dec 2 14:45:46 MST 2005

> I know this isn't an * question, but...
>
> Does anyone know of a Fax over IP Provider?
>
> Client looking to dump 3 regular fax lines, and bring broadcast faxes
> in house (around 700 per day) in house.  Their broadcast fax service
> is currently outsourced.
>
> Can anyone point me in the correct direction?  Also, if anyone has
> some tips and pointers, that would be great as well.

I've been using www.trustfax.com for over six months and they are very
reliable. If you're talking about low volume, dig around their site and
you'll find it is $9.95/year (800 number included) plus $.10/page. Lots
of other higher volume plans as well.

We receive all faxes via email in pdf format, so I can ship them to
whoever is supposed to handle the account.

You can send faxes via a MS Word document and email, and they will fax
the stuff to whatever number you provide. The only issue I've noticed
with this is the margins of the document aren't necessarily respected
(or maybe its the font) as the exact layout of the faxed document can
be slightly different then what you expect.

For low volume fax traffic, it bets the hell out of messing around with
spandsp, TDM cards, etc, etc.

Still have a fax machine here in case we need to send pre-formated forms,
etc.

Highly recommended.

Rich